Job Title: Treasury Accounts Assistant
Reporting To: Treasury Team Lead
The role will cover a wide range of treasury and accounting activities such as control and reconciliation of all cash movements across our retail and online businesses.
You, with the support of the wider Finance team, will partner other departments (Operational, Marketing & IT) to ensure optimal performance and cost control across the group.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Management and reconciliation of Retail and Digital transactions.
- Work in partnership with our payments and banking providers to optimise core KPI’s (eg decline rates, chargebacks, cash differences, unreconciled lodgements).
- Review and propose approval of payment provider invoices and bank charges.
- Responsibility for daily shop reconciliations including shop lodgements, reviewing bank accounts for fraud or unusual transactions.
- Co-ordination and monitoring of shop credit card terminals and transactions.
- Manage currency portfolios, multi-currency accounts and Funding of accounts.
- Key link between Finance and shops to ensure all support requirements are in place.
- Monitor company credit cards and review approval of transactions for any fraud transactions
- Partnering with Security and Operations teams to ensure adherence to cash profile policies.
- Manage retail banking relationships including query resolution.
- Continually review and challenge the cost base to ensure value for money investment.
- Financial analysis, experience in compiling Excel reports for use in performance management activities.
- Experience in a high transactional volume Treasury department
- Ability to work on their initiative and to tight deadlines
- Good time management, project management, decision making, communication and influencing skills
- Highly numerate, methodical and excellent attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of Excel
- Good working knowledge of Oracle Financials or equivalent accounts packages