Do you relish the challenge of operating in a deadline-driven setting and as part of a wider team?
Well, BoyleSports could have the job for you!
BoyleSports is Ireland’s largest independent bookmaker with more than 340 outlets across Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and the UK and a rapidly growing online presence.
Founded by John Boyle in 1989, BoyleSports currently employ over 2,800 staff via its retail estate and in HQ operations in Dundalk and Gibraltar.
BoyleSports are seeking a Software Automation Test Engineer to join our QA team based in our Dundalk HQ. The role will involve working with teams of project managers, developers, solution architects, online & retail product owners and business analysts. He/She will be responsible for the planning, development, documentation and execution regression and smoke test cases within test and production online & retail environments.
- He/She would be responsible for developing test cases with the help of selenium and Appium tool.
- He/She should be proficient in creating web and mobile automation suite.
- He/She will report on metrics for automation test coverage.
- Execution of manual and ad-hoc tests.
- Ability to grasp and understand the applications with less documentations.
- Constantly improve and contribute to documentation.
- Follow QA processes and procedures.
- Identifying software application weaknesses and target areas.
- Review software bug reports and highlight problem areas.
- Collaborating with the development team to solve application faults.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a software testing role.
- A Higher-Level Degree such as Computing, Computer Science or related.
- Experience with test automation frameworks (Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, Serenity, JMeter – the latter for load testing only).
- Experience in creating mobile automation framework from scratch for both platforms Android & iOS.
- Knowledge of using (XCUITest for iOS and UiAutomator2 for android) mobile test automation framework.
- Experience using Java with Page Object Model Design Pattern.
- Working experience with OOP languages such as Java or C#.
- Experience with testing APIs and back-end applications.
- Experience in web debugging proxy tools like Charles, Fiddler, and MITM for logging HTTP/S traffic.
- Experience using build automation tool Maven and Testing framework like TestNG, Junit.
- Experience in Automation Reporting using Extent PDF report, Spark report, Cucumber report.
- Strong ability with Test Estimation, Test Planning, Test Execution, Bug reporting and tracking.
- Knowledge working in an Agile environment.
- Ability to interrogate databases using SQL.
- Solid experience of product and testing tools such as Kanban, JIRA Agile, Bugzilla, TestRail, etc.
- Experience building, maintaining and extending regression suite and automation test suites.
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills.
Job description updates
This job description will be updated on an ongoing basis to reflect changing business requirements and the job holder’s personal and professional development needs.APPLY NOW