Location: ROI/NI based
Reports to: Director of Property & Development, ROI/NI
Travel: Throughout the island of Ireland, all locations that BoyleSports operate, as and when required.
Are you the challenge-loving, fearless-type able to adapt within a fast-moving industry?
Are you the dynamic-type, willing to adapt to, meet and overcome work-related challenges head on?
Well, BoyleSports could have the job for you!
BoyleSports is Ireland’s largest independent bookmaker with more than 340 outlets across Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and the UK and a rapidly growing online presence.
Founded by John Boyle in 1989, BoyleSports currently employ over 2,800 staff via its retail estate and in HQ operations in Dundalk and Gibraltar.
The role carries senior and professional responsibility for the delivery of all new construction development and other capital investment projects that supports business growth, development and achievement of BoyleSports strategic and operational objectives.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- To act as the single point of contact for all construction/capital investment works, for all key stakeholders.
- Working with the Property & Development Team to –
- Manage and successfully complete the construction phase of all retail development projects (new licences, relocations, extensions and acquisitions).
- Manage and successfully deliver all other capital investment projects and in shop modifications and upgrades.
- Plan and lead all shop-fitting and other refurbishment projects from initial conception to final delivery including the supporting of new product and in-store initiatives.
- Prepare shop layouts and specifications.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory Building and Health and Safety regulations at all times.
- Working with the Property & Development Team to ensure that the quality of the BoyleSports property portfolio (retail, office and residential) is maintained to an optimum level.
- Maintenance/updating of the Shop Fit Specification manual.
- Management of the contractor tendering process.
- Responsibility for Contractor management:
- Ensuring appropriate contractor accreditation is in place (safe contractor, SMSTS, CSCS, Asbestos, etc.).
- Managing working relationship with all contractors.
- Appropriate selection and allocation of contractors – depending on job.
- Ensuring effective scheduling and programming of all works.
- Ensuring full compliance with all Health and Safety obligations.
- Obtaining all relevant BCMS/H&S documentation and files.
- Obtaining and capturing all warranty information.
- Ensuring all snagging and post completion works are completed and signed off.
- Controlling staged payments, final accounts, and retention payments.
- Responsibility for Supplier management:
- Materials – ensuring correct specification at most cost-effective price and revisiting on a periodic basis.
- Ensuring that effective supply chain is in place for all materials and components.
- Management of all pre-construction, construction, and post-construction phase work including costing, contractor appointment/management, on-site project management, communication to key stakeholders, quality control, cost management, Construction and Building regs/H&S compliance, snagging & end of defects liability period and handover to Operations/Maintenance, for the following:
- Business Acquisitions – Effective refurbishments.
- New Shops (Organic).
- Development of existing shops – Extensions, relocations, refurbishments, etc.
- Development of existing non-trading Freehold properties.
- Responsibility for any capital investment/upgrade programmes on the existing Retail estate, including:
- Formulation and management of a robust shop refurbishment programme.
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives and new retail innovations for shops.
- In shop modifications and upgrades.
- Formulation, implementation, and management of all statutory compliance testing for all the BoyleSports property estate, including:
- Asbestos Re-inspection, Fascia and Signage Inspections, Air-Conditioning testing, Fire Alarm testing, PAT testing, Emergency Light testing, Fixed Wire testing, Roller Shutter testing, Legionella testing, Gas safety testing, and any others as appropriate.
- Instruct and manage external Architects, Surveyors and CDM co-ordinators.
- Provide support, advice and assistance with all other planned maintenance services.
- Provide support, advice and assistance on any construction/shop fit related matter.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties, upon request.
- A relevant 3rd level qualification to at least degree level or a certified trade qualification relevant to the role, for example, Electrician.
- At least 3 years’ experience of architectural design and construction project management.
- Qualified to RICS/MCIAT/MCIOB level is desirable but not essential subject to experience.
- Basic Autocad skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Be flexible and solution focused.
- Availability to travel across the Boylesports estate
Job Description Updates:
This job description will be updated on an ongoing basis to reflect changing business requirements and the job holder’s personal and professional development needs.APPLY NOW