Job Title: IT Service Desk Technician
Reports to: Helpdesk Manager
Location: BoyleSports, Dundalk, HQ
The IT Service Desk Technician is responsible for providing local IT Support to our Retail Estate, staff onsite, remote support and other business units when required. The holder of this role will ensure end to end support services is delivered to high quality.
· Provide first line support for all hardware, software and network issues.
· Monitor production systems and provide accurate and professional communication to the business during system outages.
· Troubleshoot problems to determine severity, priority and follow through to resolution.
· Create and maintain knowledge base and problem resolution documentation as required.
· Contribute to IT systems in relation to new building fit outs or changes/moves.
· Responsible for working with third party service providers to ensure end to end support is maintained as required.
· Escalate IT issues to the Development, Network or Systems teams where necessary
· Support queries on websites and main betting platform applications
· Responsible for support of peripheral devices such as printers, biometrics etc.
· Responsible for support of on-site and remote users across multiple locations.
· Responsible for EPOS/Screens support across Retail estate of over 350 sites across the UK and Ireland.
· Responsible for completing new starter and leaver requests within SLA.
· Ensure that all calls are recorded onto the Service Desk system; allocated to the appropriate resource to fix and keep users informed of progress towards resolution.
· Responsible for ensuring that all Service Desk calls are answered within the agreed SLAs and are escalated to relevant teams where appropriate.
· Providing support of in-house VOIP phones for HQ and Call Centre
· Role requires working 5 out of 7 days per week on a shift basis as per Rota.
· Providing on-call services out of hours 24/7, 365 days a year on a Rota basis.
· Experience in help desk software (Manage Engine a bonus).
· Experience working in an IT Service Desk Support role, for 1st line support.
· Experience working in fast-paced, technology led environment
· Proven ability to act on initiative with minimal management, and on multiple tasks concurrently
· Experience of end user support in an environment dependent on cloud technology, e.g. Google etc.
· Excellent knowledge of Office 365 applications
· Experience working Active Directory.
· Experience with Citrix beneficial.
· Experience Avaya phone systems.
· Excellent organizational skills
· Knowledge of SCCM and software distribution tools desirable
· Knowledge of basic networking including troubleshooting DNS / DHCP issues
· Knowledge of network patching and cabling systems
· Knowledge of network hardware Cisco routers, switches etc is desirable.
· Knowledge of office telephony systems desirable
· Ability to work with attention to detail at all times.
· Thorough & detailed understanding of Microsoft Windows, Standard range of desktop applications and Active Directory, including Group Policy
· Betting industry experience would beneficial.
Software used in BoyleSports .NET and Oracle Technology Stack