Reports To: CEO
Location: HQ Dundalk, (consider remote role for suitable candidates)
BoyleSports put the customer at the heart of everything we do. That means taking every step to ensure we deliver an exciting, safe and compelling proposition to them week-in, week-out, and making sure we do so in accordance with our key licensing obligations.
We’re looking for a Head of Compliance to lead our 2nd Line of Defence function and support the BoyleSports group in a number of different jurisdictions. As Head of Compliance, you will be involved with every division and aspect of the business, helping to steer them onto the right course whilst maintaining forward momentum. Working with the business to identify and assess new risks, you’ll offer guidance and expertise to help each area raise and maintain their standards whilst protecting both the company and our customers.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the 2nd Line of Defence (2LOD) function within BoyleSports, ensuring that each business area including Operations, Trading, Marketing and Technology is performing in a manner consistent with our licensing obligations and relevant legislation in the UK, Ireland, Gibraltar and beyond.
- Maintain a corporate risk register and compliance calendar, to identify new and emergent risks in the regulatory landscape and ensure that all areas of the business have robust and effective means of risk management.
- Support and liaise with senior stakeholders to advise and recommend appropriate strategies and courses of action and perform effective customer risk assessments and reviews.
- Manage a team of Compliance SMEs, with a remit that covers sportsbook, casino, poker and bingo across the online and retail divisions, as well as having overall responsibility for data protection, betting integrity and licensing.
- Deliver training, guidance and expertise on relevant regulatory, compliance and technical standards.
- Act as a senior point of escalation for any compliance-related queries or incidents and be the primary point of contact for regulatory authorities in various jurisdictions.
- Work closely with the Risk Team and other 1st Line of Defence functions to ensure that player safety is paramount in all processes and decision-making.
- Promote and maintain a deep-rooted culture of compliance throughout the BoyleSports group.
- Train and develop all team members with the ambition to increase standards of performance of the team and the department.
- Represent the Compliance function and the Company to any/all external authorities in relation to all matters Compliance.
- A proven track record in Law, Compliance, Risk Management and/or Internal Audit.
- A relevant diploma-level ICA or equivalent accreditation in Compliance, Governance, Anti-Money Laundering or similar, and/or appropriate Legal qualifications.
- Leadership experience and history of senior stakeholder management.
- Decisiveness and ability to think clearly, critically and creatively when solving complex issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication, with the ability to summarise complicated concepts in a quick, accurate and succinct manner.
- Integrity, credibility, good analytical skills and the capability to triage risks.
- A delivery-focussed, can-do mindset, and the adaptability to work across different teams and with different external stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and the ability to quickly interpret complex and technical legal or regulatory standards.
Job description updates
This job description will be updated on an ongoing basis to reflect changing business requirements and the job holder’s personal and professional development needs.APPLY NOW