Have you a passion for teamwork and making the personal connections needed for a career within Ireland’s largest bookmaker?
Are you the challenge-loving, fearless-type able to adapt within a fast-moving industry?
Well, BoyleSports could have the job for you!
BoyleSports is Ireland’s largest independent bookmaker with more than 340 outlets across Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and the UK and a rapidly growing online presence.
Founded by John Boyle in 1989, BoyleSports currently employ over 2,800 staff via its retail estate and in HQ operations in Dundalk and Gibraltar.
The successful candidate will join the BoyleSports Finance team at a time of positive strategic growth and will become a core part of the Finance team supporting and driving that growth. He/she will prioritise their own and their team’s workload and tasks to ensure all deadlines are achieved. They will maintain and further develop a Finance Business Partner approach and structure within the wider organisation, supporting all Business Channels with value add informative and insightful information and reports, in a results and profit driven organisation, that has its values of Dynamic, Fearless, Excellence and Personal at its core.
Core Role Responsibilities
- Processing of monthly journals for Retail revenue, salaries, accruals and prepayments.
- Assist the Finance Manager with producing monthly management accounts for the Retail business that are both accurate and timely, including identification and analysis of material variances to Budget and Prior year.
- Preparation of the quarterly betting duty returns and liaising with Revenue where necessary.
- Monthly/Quarterly reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts, including relevant schedules.
- Maintain the fixed asset register for all companies within the BoyleSports Group.
- Work closely with various internal departments eg. Accounts payable and Treasury to ensure all costs have been recorded correctly.
Core Role Requirements
- Maintain relationships and develop a Finance Business Partner support structure within the organisation
- Honesty, Integrity and Professionalism
- To Instil confidence in all reports and management information distributed
- Continuous Professional Development
- Continuous process improvement
- Excellent Organisational Skills
- Part Qualified Accountant/Accounts Technician
- Experience of working within a fast paced ever changing industry
- Ability to adapt
- Ability to work with volume data
- Deadline orientated
- Accurate, with an eye for attention to detail
- Supervision and people development skills
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- A solution focused attitude with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the business
- Strong IT skills including a proficiency in Excel
- Straight talking yet professional in their communication style
- Flexibility with regard to working hours
Job Description Updates:
This job description will be updated on an ongoing basis to reflect changing business requirements and the job holder’s personal and professional development needs.APPLY NOW